We understand that people are often tempted to use the internet to find out more information about their breast cancer.
We would recommend that you use the following websites to find out more information and support on breast cancer. These websites are also recommended by your breast care nurses.
You can access support from these organisations at any point during or after your treatment and at any point in the years that follow.
General information on breast cancer
These websites are useful for if you would like to know more about your breast cancer.
- Breast Cancer care
- NHS Choices
- For lymphoedema support
Lymphoedema Support Network (LSN)
These websites can be used to learn more about places which offer support to people affected by breast cancer.
- Macmillan Support Centre- Wythenshawe hospital
- The Neil Cliffe centre- Wythenshawe Hospital http://www.uhsm.nhs.uk/patients/Pages/NeilCliffe.aspx
- Beechwood cancer centre – Stockport
- Maggie's Centre Manchester
- Living with and beyond cancer – support group
- Living with and beyond cancer – activities
Macmillan support centres are available at most hospitals including Trafford and Salford. Visit the Macmillan website to find your nearest centre.
Patient chat rooms and forums
If you would like to chat or find out information directly from other breast cancer patients, the following forums are available online.